When it comes to effective email marketing, it’s all about the design and distribution strategy. Recent research indicates that 84 percent of all email is spam, so you want to make sure you follow some basic tips before blasting your next e-newsletter or marketing campaign. This is perhaps the hardest hurdle to clear; if you can bypass this challenge, you will reap the benefits of email marketing. In fact, email marketing has a return of investment of 4,300 percent.
So, how do you make sure your emails stand out from those sent by your competitors? Here are five tips for effective email marketing:
- Avoid spamming. Nobody likes to be bothered, and believe it or not, that concept does apply to email marketing. Rather than spamming people, try to get them to opt-in to join your email list.
- Keep true to your brand. You’ve spent so much time sculpting your brand into what it is today. Stay the course and refer to your branding standards when designing email campaigns. If possible, stick to a consistent template to ensure that readers identify with your brand.
- Write an effective subject line. Research indicates that subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an open rate of 58 percent, while personalized subject lines were 22.2 percent more likely to be opened. Keep these kinds of statistics in mind when devising a clever subject.
- Create quality content. If you’re not going to send content that is beneficial to readers, don’t bother sending anything at all. Keep content informative and concise; be sure to also include hyperlinks to branded landing pages throughout your piece. Additionally, make sure that your content and tone is not only representative of your company, but also engaging and appropriate for your target audience.
- Measure your campaign’s effectiveness and open rate. After conducting your campaign, take the time to analyze the resulting data to figure out what works and what doesn’t. Keep in mind that for business-to-business campaigns, the average click-through rate is 1.7 percent.
Need help creating and distributing an effective email marketing campaign? Contact iMiller Public Relations at email@example.com for more information.