March 29, 2018 — Host in Ireland, a strategic global initiative created to increase awareness of the benefits of hosting digital assets in Ireland, announces today that its Founder and President, Garry Connolly, will speak at CAPRE’s Greater New York Data Center Summit, taking place 5 April, in New York.
Mr. Connolly, in addition to providing leadership at the award-winning Host in Ireland initiative, has also been recognised as one of the top 50 EMEA Influencers in Cloud and Data Centres 2017 by Data Economy, and was runner up in the 2017 DCS Awards’ ‘Data Centre Individual of Year’ category’.
During the panel session, “The Impact of Europe: Data Center Demand-Supply and Forecasting the Factors at Play Across the Pond, Including: Brexit and GDPR,” Mr. Connolly will join other data centre and financial investment leaders to discuss recent data centre development in Europe as well as the impact of Brexit and the data privacy obligations that multinational organisations face as a result of the implementation of the GDPR.
- Panel: “The Impact of Europe: Data Center Demand-Supply and Forecasting the Factors at Play Across the Pond, Including: Brexit and GDPR”
- CAPRE’s Greater New York Data Center Summit
- New York
- Thursday, 5 April 2018 1:00 p.m
- Panelists include:
- Garry Connolly, Founder and President, Host in Ireland, Co-Chair of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Awareness Coalition
- Svein Atle Hagaseth, Senior Vice President North America, Green Mountain Data Center, Ltd.
- Eric Crabtree, Chief Investment Officer of International Finance Corporation, World Bank Group
- Melvin Greer, Chief Data Scientist, Public Sector, Intel Corporation
- Drew Leonard, Senior Vice President, UpStack
- Jason Ó Conaill, International Partner, Infinity SDC
- Moderator: Donough Roche, Owner & Principal, Datacentrs Inc.
About Host in Ireland
Host in Ireland, winner of the Datacloud Europe 2016 award for Innovative Data Center Location, is an industry-led marketing initiative that provides timely and accurate information about Ireland’s digital asset hosting ecosystem at all times including demonstrating why Ireland is more cost-effective, efficient, reliable, secure and accessible than most other regions across the EU. There’s a reason companies like Microsoft, Zendesk, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Adobe and beyond have sought to host their solutions in as well as to/from Ireland. Many of these reasons are immediately realized due to access to affordable power, redundant network and bandwidth capacity along with a variety of data center providers that offer an array of services sustained by the “5 Ps”: Policy, People, Pedigree, Pipes, and Power. On top of that is a very attractive business management structure, implemented by Ireland, which is keenly interested to bring new businesses into the market. Ireland supports this initiative through its pro-business approach, attractive corporate tax and fiscal structures, common law based legal system, continued investment in off-Island fiber cables to the U.S. and Europe, financial support for data centre energy efficiency, and access to a skilled native English-speaking workforce – ensuring data asset compliance for companies large and small. For more information about Host in Ireland, visit www.hostinireland.com.
iMiller Public Relations for Host in Ireland
Tel: +1 866 307 2510