The excitement surrounding International Telecoms Week (ITW) is always palpable as the wholesale telecommunications community convenes for various networking opportunities and conference sessions. iMiller Public Relations (iMPR) and its customers made their presence known at the seventh annual event, which took place May 11-14 in Chicago.
This year’s event kicked off with the ITW Official Opening, featuring a riveting keynote by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web and one of TIME magazine’s ‘Top 100 Most Important People of the 20th Century’. Here’s a recap of his most salient points:
- Keeping the WWW “open” is his proudest achievement to date.
- The wholesale community has played a pivotal role in the development of the Web.
- There is now a ‘battleground’ to control the Internet, especially as governments play a part in determining how people access the service.
- Currently, about 40 percent of the world is using the Web; Internet is now a human right.
The momentum continued at the iMPR-sponsored Confidence: Innovation: Leadership (CLI) Summit held May 12, which explored the chief findings from the ‘Confidence, Innovation and Leadership’ survey, an annual global research study monitoring issues affecting senior wholesale telecom executives:
- 77 percent of wholesale chiefs have a ‘bullish’ outlook on the market, compared to 27 percent who have a ‘bearish’ perspective.
- While executive confidence rose, it also created a greater disconnect between perspectives on confidence and profitability.
- 400G/1T was confirmed as the most mission-critical innovation, with SDN and 5G coming in second and third.
- 82 percent of corporate leaders place a focus on reshaping business models.
- There’s a disconnect between fraud and security. There is more opportunity for fraud, while security is perceived as a threat.
For more on the study and summit, click here.
For more information about ITW, visit www.internationaltelecomsweek.com.
Learn more about iMPR and its customers at www.imillerpr.com.
Save the date for ITW 2015, to be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Chicago, IL Sunday, May 10 through Wednesday, May 13, 2015.