March 13, 2018 — EdgeConneX®, specializing in global data center solutions at the edge of the network, announces today that its chief innovation officer, Phill Lawson-Shanks, will speak at Capacity LATAM, taking place in Rio de Janeiro on 20-21 March 2018. On Tuesday, 20 March, Mr. Lawson-Shanks will participate on the interactive panel, “Redefining Latin America’s Wholesale Telecoms Sector: Understanding the Big Picture of the Top Trends.” He will discuss the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in telecommunications, what effect the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart cities will have on network infrastructure, and explore the current trend of mergers and acquisitions across the Latin American region. Mr. Lawson-Shanks has been at the forefront of designing and deploying industry-leading data center solutions in both the UK and the U.S. for more than 25 years.
- Interactive Panel Discussion: “Redefining Latin America’s Wholesale Telecoms Sector: Understanding the Big Picture of the Top Trends”
- 20 March 2018
- 9:30 a.m.
- Capacity LATAM
- Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Redefining Latin America’s Wholesale Telecoms Sector: Understanding the Big Picture of the Top Trends” panel members include:
- Phill Lawson-Shanks, chief innovation officer, EdgeConneX
- Gabriel Holgado, VP Global Account Division & Wholesale Services, Latin America & Caribbean, CenturyLink
- Chris Moon, Managing Director, Technology & Telecoms, ING
- Michael Wheeler, EVP, NTT Communications
- Eduardo Guardincerri, CMO, International Wholesale Services, Telefonica
- Moderator: Jason McGee-Abe, Editor, Capacity Media
EdgeConneX® is the only global Edge Data Center® provider. Creating purpose-built, edge-of-network infrastructure solutions that extend the internet’s reach, EdgeConneX enables the fastest and most secure delivery of content, cloud services and applications. Edge Data Centers host bandwidth intensive and latency sensitive data closer to end-users, establishing a more secure, reliable and cost-effective distribution model for the internet. For more information, please visit the EdgeConneX Internet of Everywhere® at edgeconnex.com.
iMiller Public Relations for EdgeConneX®
Tel: +1 866 307 2510