Originally posted on Medium
An exclusive insight into the significant technological progress that has been made over the last year.
Sometimes, building Syntropy feels like shooting a movie. What seems so simple and elegant for a viewer often represents a massive amount of work for tens, if not hundreds of people, each bringing their unique perspective and expertise. We are currently deep into the “work” stage. Like in movie production, we created multiple workstreams, each dedicated to building a technological component. Taken alone, each piece might not mean much, but when they’re all combined, the result is impressive.
2021 was a tremendous growth year for us. Everyone brought their expertise and saw positive results. We are now fully committed to a decentralized future, and every step we make now lays a foundation for what is to come. Piece by piece, the puzzle is being completed.
I am thrilled that we are building technology that will significantly facilitate the progress in our space. Soon enough, we will all flock to this new Internet — Web3. I want to take some time to uncover what has been happening behind the scenes and why I am incredibly excited for the year ahead. Let’s start with some stats.
- Syntropy Team: doubled in size.
- Syntropy Nodes: 800 nodes are now running on more than 140 providers.
- Syntropy Connections: over 2.1 million connections have been made.
- Syntropy Agent: has been downloaded more than 3 million times.
- Syntropy Agent Commits: our team committed more than 400 commits.
- Syntropy Stack: we moved from closed beta to a full-fledged SaaS product.
- Syntropy Launches: we launched Syntropy Stack, VPN, and Windows App.
- Syntropy Stack Connections: the Controller can now handle up to 15,000 concurrent connections (full mesh).
- Syntropy Stack Releases: we released 13 new updates, introducing new features and improvements.
- Blockchain: 556 nodes are now running in our AmberChain, with a 7 sec average block time.
- Staking: Nominator & Validator Smart Contracts, locked 200+ million NOIA tokens in 1,500 actively staking wallets, expected to reach 250 million tokens.
We believe in the notion that the scarcest asset is extraordinary people. Early on, we made it a strategic priority to find them, wherever they were. We are proud to have seen not a couple but several dozen remarkable people coming from diverse backgrounds who are bringing their unique wisdom and skills to Syntropy. Thirty people are developers, engineers, and architects that directly contribute to building Syntropy.
Bringing Syntropy Stack to Web3 is of the highest priority. That will enable Web3 developers to build use-cases for creating Internet networks using blockchain and get both Web2 and Web3 traffic to the DARP network. To accelerate the progress, we formed a dedicated R&D department whose sole purpose is to work on the decentralized Syntropy Stack platform architecture that can scale across multiple chains and Web3 product development. A dedicated team is now committing 100% of their time to making this happen.
Global enterprise adoption has always been imperative to Syntropy. We demonstrated our commitment to that through new hires like Jeff Lacouture, who leads our sales team. Tim Murphy who provides his outstanding technical expertise to support enterprise adoption. Advisors like Shawn Hakl, Roman Pacewicz, and Joe Weinman, whose experience speaks on its own.
To read the full article please click here.